What Is an Umbrella Company?
An Umbrella Company is a company which employs contractors who are providing services to clients on a temporary contract for recruitment companies or end clients.
An Umbrella Company. The Umbrella Company will pay all of your PAYE (income tax) and National Insurance Contributions directly to HMRC.
Is an Umbrella Company right for me?
A contractor Umbrella Company gives you legal status as an employee, meaning that you receive full employment related rights and entitlement to statutory employment related payments whilst retaining the the flexibility of being a temporary worker. There are no unexpected tax bills, and nothing to do at the end of the tax year, so it’s a hassle free option. As it’s the simplest possible solution for most contractors, it’s commonly used by anyone who is new to contracting, or who wants a quick and easy solution with no long term commitment.
How is the Green Lantern
Umbrella Company different?
We know that there are lots of Umbrella Companies out there, and it can be a minefield to choose the one for you. As the calculations from one Umbrella Company to another should always be the same, it is important to select an Umbrella Company that has some additional benefits for you, and Green Lantern is proud to have built a service that sets us apart from our competitors.
Standard Service Features
- The reassurance of being employed by one of the UK’s longest established contractor Umbrella Companies
- A dedicated Client Manager
- All PAYE and NI deducted at source
- Flexible holiday options
- Online Portal for payment history
- Employee benefits provided at our cost with our partner Perkbox
- Good for new contractors
- No end of year paperwork
- Good for short term contracts
- Dedicated contract support team
- Good for contracts inside IR35
- Fully compliant with Agency Worker’s Regulations
- Preparation of all mortgage/tenancy references
- Access to exclusive contractor financial services
- Payslips available online, by email or post
- Out of hours contact available
- No set up or close down costs
- Text message on payments